Thursday, September 28, 2006

So Bad It's Good

Who doesn't jump out of bed in the morning and dash to the TV in order to turn it on to TBS in order to watch none other than Saved by the Bell?

OK, I guess probably very few people. But, my wife and I watch it every morning while getting ready. It is really a perplexing show in that it's so corny and so bad, but at the same time, who can stop watching? Very little of it is funny. I think if I laughed along with the canned laughter, I would have to drown myself in the toilet just to wash myself clean of poor taste in humor.

But, my point in this post was to make note of an article on IGN TV about how bad Saved by the Bell is, and yet it's so good almost because of that badness. If you've seen the VH1 series, I Love the [Decade], you're well-versed in bad-but-good things.

IGN's article can be found here.

0 Comments: